Affiliate Disclosure: Some links mentioned below are affiliate links, we may earn some amount if you make a purchase.
Users choose different email clients as per their preference and requirements. MS Exchange, Outlook for MAC, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes there are various options available for them. But the main concern is when a person move to another email application, how he/she manage the email migration?
Email migration means that application stores information in different formats like EML, NSF, OLM, PST and others. So we need to convert these files to make them compatible with other email. Lotus Notes uses NSF file format and if one switches to MS Outlook then he/she needs to convert NSF to PST.
Here we will discuss a manual method to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook free. The important thing is to export the NSF files in MS Outlook. Steps to Convert NSF to PST are:
- Open Lotus Notes in your system
- Go to NSF database which you want to export
- In the navigation bar, go to File>>Export button
- Now box will open to save the file, select the directory to save file and then go to save as type option
- Save file as Comma Seperated Value (CSV) or Structured text and click OK.
Now you have exported the NSF database and need to transfer them in MS Outlook.
- Launch MS Outlook in your system
- Go to File>>Open>>Import
- Next window will open, Select Import From another program or file
- Then Import the CSV file or structured text format you save earlier
- Select the duplicates option>>Next and then finally click on Finish.
The NSF files will be exported to MS Outlook and by this way we can convert NSF files to PST and use them in MS Outlook.
Repair Lotus Notes NSF Files
Some time NSF file may get corrupt due to server crash down or inappropriate file manipulation. Corrupt NSF files may affect the database. You can repair NSF files easily with nFixUp tool for free. Recover Lotus Notes by following steps:
- Go to Domino Administrator and select Server
- Select the database which you want to repair from server
- Go to Files and then Tool section
- Select Fix Up tools, the Fixup wizard will open.
- Select options as per your requirement and click OK.